Media images and recordings bring life to and help tell the story of Saint Columba's vibrant faith community, enhance the quality of the information we provide to our members and give visitors an idea of what to expect when they attend our church.
We would like to share media items recorded at our various ministry activities, events and programs in church-produced materials, including, but not limited to, bulletins, posters, brochures, newsletters and other printed materials, social media sites and on the church website.
Accordingly, participation in church activities implies permission for publication of any media recorded, unless a “Media Images Opt-Out Form” has been submitted to the church office. While we reserve the right to photograph and record church events, in an effort to respect your privacy, we will strive to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Any adult may complete the Media Images Opt-Out Form if they do not wish for media items in which they, vulnerable adults in their charge or the minor children for whom they are the parent/legal guardian are prominently featured to be used in publications produced by Saint Columba Catholic Church.
- Anyone may request a particular media item which prominently features them or those for whom they are the parent/legal guardian be removed from use by submitting a request to the church office. (All requests will be documented.)
Special consideration for media images of minors (Whether or not you opt-out):
- No identifying information will accompany photos, including names, addresses, email addresses, family members’ names, or schools.
- If a child is wearing a nametag in a photo, the nametag will be removed using photo editing software.
- Images of individual minors will not be used to advertise future events without parental consent (a photo release form). (Large-group photos in which individual children cannot be identified are permissible.)