The mission of the Memorial Cross Ministry is to:
1. Serve as a source of comfort for the families of Oakland homicide victims.
2. Provide additional community identity for the St. Columba Parish.
3. Call community attention to the problem of violence in our streets and the need for additional resources to address the problem.
Jesus called out from His cross:
"Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."
Pope Francis asked:
"Who am I to judge?"
1. Bonfire in church side yard to respectfully dispose of crosses no longer needed!
2. Continue to seek out personal contact with victims' families.
3. Increase community awareness of December 31st Cross Service.
MEMORIAL CROSS GARDEN